GMAT Sentence Correction Questions
Sentence corrections are one of the three main question categories tested on the GMAT verbal section. While it is the most involved problem type in terms of what you need to learn, it’s also the area where students are generally able to make the biggest strides in boosting their GMAT verbal scores.
GMAT sentence correction questions test your ability to identify correct and effective English expression. In Part 1 of this GMAT Sentence Correction course we focus on the “effectiveness” part of that rubric while teaching you the step-by-step methodology for tackling sentence correction problems, how to avoid common pitfalls, and the most important “Effectiveness Rules” for eliminating wrong answers and choosing between two grammatically-correct answer choices.
In Part 2, we build on the foundation laid in Part 1 and focus on the most commonly-tested points of English grammar to ensure that you are able to identify errors and choose the most correct answer choice from among the modified sentences. But don’t worry — this isn’t a boring series of grammar lectures that will give you flashbacks to high school English class. Rather, we focus on teaching you only the most necessary GMAT sentence correction rules, with specific application to exactly how those rules are tested on real GMAT sentence correction questions.
Specifically, the GMAT video tutorials in this course cover:
- In depth look at the “anatomy” of sentence correction problems, with examples;
- Step-by-step methodology for systematically tackling these question types;
- Common wrong answers and traps to watch out for;
- Sentence correction “Effectiveness Rules” with examples;
- The all-crucial Bracketing Technique for quickly and accurately identifying the points of grammar a particular question is testing;
- Subject-verb agreement;
- Parallel construction;
- Modifiers (specifically, identifying misplaced modifiers);
- Idioms, including a list of the most commonly-tested idioms on the GMAT;
- Verb tenses;
- Numerous application examples to fully illustrate all of the concepts taught in this course;
- And more!
Oh, and did we mention that this course includes six (6) practice worksheets that will give you the opportunity to apply what you learn to real sample GMAT sentence correction questions? Each question of the worksheets comes with a detailed video answer explanation showing you the most efficient way to solve it.
So what are you waiting for? Take your GMAT preparation to the next level. Add this course to your library now and prepare to dominate the GMAT!
Cost: Only $37!
Return to the À-la-Carte Lesson Menu